Thursday, September 19, 2013

Camera Project, Written Reflection, Class Critique: Hunting with Your Camera

My random-shot camera experimenting was exceptionally progressive. I ran into some problems while photographing, such as; lighting, imagination, scenery, etc. Every problem that I could have ran into, I did it seemed. The second time that I pulled out my camera, the ideas and choices all rushed in; it seemed like my own yard had more things in it than I even knew were there. The options were endless, and my camera had been filled with many interesting photographs that were so hard to choose only a handful of. I was surprised at what I found during this project because it had shown me so much about taking a picture than it ever seemed there could possibly be to it. I chose five pictures of my photographic-adventure.
Felecia Pics 010
The first picture that I chose is what appears to be an old coffin and some sort of kettle. I chose this picture because it is such a strange thing to find in the woods behind your own house. The setup is very eerie, and if I had not had this camera project, I would have never knew of its existence. It makes you wonder and fear what kind of story is behind such a scene. I am hoping that it was once just a Halloween decoration, but the mystery continues.  
Felecia Pics 006
The second picture that I chose is an image of a pair of old fireman boots that have sat in my yard since before me and my family moved in over a year ago. I chose this picture because these boots are another mystery of our land. We are all to afraid to get rid of them and are unsure as to why this is. Maybe we are all overly-superstitious, or maybe it is something else. They are very photographic, and I chose the coloring to fit the time they feel to be from.
Felecia Pics 039
The third picture that I chose is of my three-legged dog Mojo. I chose this picture of my five year old dog because he is beautiful, and he has been protecting our family since he was a year old and lost his leg to an unknown cause. We were in Albany, New York for medical reasons, and he got loose from our home somehow. When he returned to us, he had a leg broke clean in half. The family, in fear for Mojo’s recovery to go wrong, pulled together.
Felecia Pics 012
The forth picture that I chose is the one lonely mushroom that I could see in the thick woods behind my house. I chose this picture because it may have been the smallest thing in these woods, yet it stood out more than anything else around me. Although a mushroom is soft and weak, it stands tall and proud; giving off a feeling of pride.
Felecia Pics 018
The fifth picture that I chose is of the trail through my woods. I chose this picture because horses, bikes, four-wheelers, and more are always coming out in front of my dead end road house. A street that is so empty and quiet is randomly taken by people that seem to come from nowhere; they are truly coming from this path in the woods. Eight horse and riders came out in front of my house, and they were kind enough to stop for my children so that I could have pictures of them sitting on one of these horses. It was an incredible thing for my boys to have experienced; a memory that I will never forget.
I prefer my photos in black and white; I am not sure why that is other than it is appealing to my eyes. Below are the photos of my boys on one of the horses.
13794180144991379418018304











No comments:

Post a Comment