Thursday, September 12, 2013

Icebreaker Discussion: Illustration

Hello class of Illustrators, my name is Felecia LaFountain. I am a twenty-seven year old mother of two beautiful three year old boys. I have my Associates Degree in the Arts from Empire State College, so it is safe to say that my interest in the arts is highly important and valuable to me. While I am studying to teach, I also plan to illustrate my own children’s books in the near future. I have been drawing for as long as I can remember; basically since I could hold a pencil. Both of my parents were artistic, so I was encouraged a lot. I have worked with many things such as: charcoal, Indian ink, acrylics, watercolor, pastel, and much more. I loved using each of these, but my favorite tool to this day is still a pencil, as long as there is paper. I have never produced art work for sale or designed a poster for an activity or agency, but I do have a serious interest to become an illustrator. I have always had at least one sketchpad at all times. I look forward to working with each of you, and I wish each of you the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment