Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Field Trip Discussion

Photographic Beginnings
First I would like to introduce myself:
My name is Felecia LaFountain, and I am from Glens Falls, New York. I am a twenty-seven year old mother of two beautiful three year old boys. I have a large family of eight, a big three-legged dog named MoJo, and I have my Associates Degree in the Arts from much hard work at Empire State College. I am studying art so that I can teach it, but I also would like to illustrate children's books, design websites, and work with special needs children. My son Nathaniel is a little boy with some of those needs, so I have grown very fond of the career field. My son has worked with a speech therapist, physical therapist, special instructor, and an occupational therapist for over a year and a half now, and him and his brother have just recently said goodbye to these extreme helpful and kind people so they could start their very first day of Preschool last Wednesday.  

It is week one, and for our on-line field trip, we are visiting The American Museum of Photography on-line. Many of these Photographers are different in choosing what to capture in a photograph, however each of them are extremely talented in making these choices. I was very interested to see so many different photographs from a time long gone, but now impossible to have forgotten with much accredited to first photographers. The image above is the photograph that struck me and captured my attention the most during my “trip” to The American Museum of Photography was a photograph believed to be of Mary Ann Jones Evans, done between the years 1839 to 1921; “Beneath the Wrinkle” is its apparent title. What I like about this photograph is that Although the only model in the photo is Mary Ann, the attention is focused to the shimmer over the pillow that is nearly center-of-attention. Spooky, like it suggests something spiritual, .
The information that is shared in this museum takes you back in time to the nineteenth-century birth of one of the greatest forms of the arts. The appreciation of photography grows inside of you with every photo of the past, and it inspires you to create your own pieces of art to add to history. With that being said, that is why I say, yes, The American Museum of Photography has undoubtedly changed my “Photographic Vision”. It seems so much easier to take a photograph these days, giving all of the challenge to the photographers of the past, increasing the quality of these photographs.
Thank you, thoughts and constructive criticism are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment