Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Student-Led Discussion: Image and Identity

VISUAL LITERACY

Discussion Post #1

Introduce yourself. What is your concentration (if you have one), how long have you been at ESC/CDL, why are you taking this course, and are you taking it at the introductory or at the advanced level?

My name is Felecia LaFountain, and I live in Gansevoort, New York. I am a twenty-seven year old mother of two beautiful three year old boys. My passion and gift has always been with art. I now have my Associates Degree in the Arts at Empire State College, and I am pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree now to head towards teaching the arts. I believe that Visual Literacy: Introductory is a great course for me to add to the collection of valuable knowledge that I will obtain before my work is done here at ESC. It has been and is still a great experience for me to be a part of this school, and I am very proud to call this my school.

Discussion Post #2

Example of Image and Identity
Post a visual image (scanned from a print source or send us to a website) that is a sign, or stand in, for one aspect of your identity.

Use the following questions as guidelines for the discussion:
Are there any visual phenomena that most people favored? How do you explain the agreement or disagreement? Why did you select this visual image to represent an aspect of your identity?
What did you learn about yourself? What did you learn about others?

No comments:

Post a Comment